Heathrow Airport is committed to meeting the requirements of the Equality Act and we make every effort to ensure our communications – including this website – are accessible to people with special needs, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive and motor impairments.
Standards Compliance and Validation
We have striven to make this website adhere to priority 1 and 2 guidelines of the W3 Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.Navigation and Navigation aid
- Primary site navigation is located at the top of each page.
- Secondary navigation elements are contained in the left-hand column. This navigation is not site-wide and varies from page to page.
- A link to the home page is available on each page through the Heathrow Boutique logo.
- Navigation menus are marked up as HTML lists and styled with CSS.
- Many links have title attributes, which describe the link in greater detail.
- Links are written so as to make sense out of context.
- Some links, mostly to downloadable files such as PDFs, open a new browser window.
- Forms have their labels explicitly associated with their controls, aiding users of certain screen readers and speech browsers.