This privacy promise tells you what to expect when Heathrow Airport Limited (Heathrow) collects personal information about you when you use Heathrow Boutique. Heathrow is committed to protecting your personal information when you use Heathrow services. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- What information will we collect about you?
When you use Heathrow Boutique, we will collect the following information about you:
- Email address
- Phone number (for Heathrow Personal Shopper service)
- Date of travel
- Flight number
Heathrow collects information about how you use Heathrow Boutique via our website and the device(s) that you use to access the service. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet. For more information, see our section on ‘cookies’ below.
- How will Heathrow use the information it collects about me?
Heathrow will use your personal data for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide the Reserve & Collect service activities and to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries related to the Reserve & Collect and Personal Shopper services.
- To send you marketing communications about Heathrow Boutique and other Heathrow products and services. We will only do this where you give us your clear consent to do so.
- If you have reserved World Duty Free products, we will share your name and email address with World Duty Free who will use your personal data to send marketing communications to you. We will only do this where you give us your clear consent to do so.
- We may also match the data we collect with other data that we hold about you if you have used Heathrow products and services before. We do this to build up a picture of your personal preferences and understand how you use Heathrow products and services. This enables us to deliver a richer customer experience and ensures we only send relevant communications to you.
The lawful justification for collecting and using your personal data is that it is necessary for the performance of the Reserve & Collect service which you contractually enter into. Failure to provide mandatory data fields denoted by a ‘*’ will mean that we will not be able to complete your order and deliver the Heathrow Reserve & Collect or Personal Shopper service to you.
The lawful justification for sending marketing communications about Heathrow Boutique and other Heathrow products and services to you is that you have given clear consent for your personal data to be used for this specific purpose. You can change your marketing preferences at any time or unsubscribe from Heathrow marketing communications by visiting ‘My Account’ or by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ on the footer of a Heathrow Boutique marketing email.
Your information will be handled and used by the following recipients in order to deliver the Reserve & Collect service:
- Heathrow staff delivering the Reserve & Collect service
- AOE GmbH Reserve & Collect provider staff
- Customer service agents employed by Reach Contact Ltd who work on behalf of Heathrow
- Retailers where you reserve products
We will keep your information within Heathrow and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law, for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies.
Your information is processed only in the UK and is not moved or transferred overseas.
- How long will Heathrow keep my information?
Your account information will be retained for a period of two years from the date of your last transaction after which point it will be anonymised. Where you tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications about Heathrow Boutique or other Heathrow products and services, we will keep this information about you until you tell us otherwise.
Your information will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the 'need to know' principle.
- What rights do I have over my personal data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data by making a subject access request
- Rectification, erasure or restriction of your information where this is justified
- Object to the processing of your information where this is justified
- Data portability
To exercise you rights, please contact the Heathrow Data Protection Officer using the following contact details:
Tom Stapleton - Data Protection Officer
Heathrow Airport Limited
The Compass Centre
- Privacy & Cookies
- The different types of cookies we use
Heathrow use the following categories of cookies on our websites:
Strictly necessary – These cookies are essential for certain features of our websites to work for example when you make payments for car parking. These cookies do not record identifiable personal information and we do not need your consent to place these cookies on your device. Without these cookies some services you have asked for cannot be provided.
Performance – These cookies are used to collect anonymous information about how you use our websites. This information is used to help us improve our websites and understand how effective our adverts are. In some case we use trusted third parties to collect this information for us but they only use the information for the purposes explained. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Functionality - These cookies are used to provide services or remember settings to enhance your visit for example text size or other preferences. The information these cookies collect is anonymous and does not enable us to track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Targeting and Advertising – These cookies are used by trusted third parties to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. Information contained in these cookies is anonymous and doesn't contain your personal information. To find out more about cookies used for targeting and advertising follow www.youronlinechoices.com and www.networkadvertising.org or contact us at email@example.com for further information about the trusted third parties we use.
- Managing cookies
If you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Heathrow and our third party advertisers, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you choose to disable all cookies we cannot guarantee the performance of our websites and some features may not work as expected.
- Changes to this privacy promise
We will keep this privacy promise under regular review and we will place any updates here. At the start of this privacy promise, we will tell you when it was last updated.